Thursday, June 4, 2009

Run, Jane, Run

I had heard there was a difference between running on a treadmill and running in real life. I just didn't realize the extent of that difference.
I went on a run/walk this morning with a woman who is an avid runner. Carol, who has a great blog, does (in my opinion) crazy amounts of running. I mean, this woman runs up the mountain! She was kind enough to help me out with some guidance and motivation to help me get to the point where I can actually run. You may remember me mentioning the Wasatch Woman Love Your Body 5K/10K that is in August. I gotta tell you, August seems to be coming fast, and I haven't noticed any improvement in my running abilities. I'd really like to be able to do the 5K, just for the satisfaction of completing it. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You can do it! She'll kick your butt, but she'll make you do it! She made me go over some glorified goat trail, full of slides of rock and rotting plank bridges while carrying an infant on my back!