Thursday, August 7, 2008

Am I A B*tch?!?

How do you know? The more information I get, the more I'm thinking I am, or at least was. A few weeks ago at a family party my siblings and I were all sitting around the table, laughing, joking and reminiscing. I'm not sure how the subject came up, (you know how those conversations wander), but we starting talking about how we were when we were younger. Or, more specifically, how I was when I was younger. Of course, it's not always easy to see one's short comings as they occur. But, looking back, I realize I was a little, oh I don't even know what word it would be. Maybe stand-offish? Ya, that'll work. For instance, when my brother would come up and tap me on the shoulder, I would get mad at him for touching me. It didn't seem weird at the time, but looking back, it kinda is. And in high school, I had this best friend. We did everything together. And then, one day, she quit talking to me. Completely. Still to this day I don't know why, but I'm starting to wonder if it was me. Was I rude. I admittedly have little patience for immaturity and, not to sound too harsh, but stupidity. I always kind of prided myself for being non-judgemental. But, was I actually judgemental? More recently, I had a friend (same girl, actually), that I'm ashamed to say I abandoned a bit when I got married (though that's an entirely different subject). Once again, as I tried to make contact and plans with this friend, she quit returning phone calls. I'm not looking for reassurance or pity, I'm truly curious as to whether or not it's me, and more over, how I would know. If one doesn't know she's being a "be-yotch", how does she remedy the situation? Or is there a reason to? Should I assume it's in my past and I've grown up and matured beyond it? Or should I be concerned that I'm still possibly driving people away by doing something I'm unaware of? I guess all I can do it try to be conscious of my actions, and try to better myself. Right?

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Well little sis i have to say that i don't believe you are a bitch...or standoffish. I think you are very reserved and even tempered and sometimes people read that as upset or indifferent. I think you still keep your feelings in check and personal, and that may be hard for others, even within your own family, to understand. You are a kind, loving, and giving person who is always the first one to volunteer to help the people you care about. I think that right there proves you are not a b*tch. If people can't take you the way you are, they are not worth your time! I love you.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE NOT A BE-YOTCH!! This isn't a reassurance or pity, just my observation. Standoffish?? I say mysterious! Rude?? How about expresses opinion! And driving people away?? How about being selective!? I dunno, sometimes I wish I could be a bit more "stand-offish" or reserved. I tend to be too open with my feelings (who the hell cries at the hair salon?) and I am so far from being mysterious it isn't even funny. So, I happen to think you are perfect...don't change a thing!!!