Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm an emotional eater

And I think I've been in denial about it. I just had the longest week that concluded with a really crappy day! I registered for classes today and two crucial classes I needed were completely full. This could set me back an entire semester! So, I'm fairly upset. And how do I deal with it? Well, after almost two weeks of eating rather healthy and exercise very regularly, I get Mat to buy cheeseburgers! And they weren't even good and kinda made me sick! I've never really thought of myself as an emotional eater. But I think I am. I had this helpless feeling after I registered for classes I didn't want and just thought to myself "Screw it!" Not a good attitude about food, for one. And as I thought about it, I do that more often than I probably should. It like I eat things I know are bad for me in order to reward myself for putting up with bad things. As a way of almost cheering myself up. And boy does it work. I usually feel sick afterward and always feel guilty. It's kind of funny how the mind works. All I can do now is try to move on, I guess. And vow to do better tomorrow... I'm still pissed about my classes though!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

At least you are not an emotional shopper! I think the whole reason I can't live frugally is because I shop to make up for the fact that I hate my job or get frustrated about my life! Just to let you know I completely understand where you are coming from!