Monday, March 23, 2009

Something new

I've been trying to broaden my horizons lately, particularly in the food/cooking area of my life. It hasn't been hard either, being very inspired by some great food blogs I found through Twitter, like Two Peas and Their Pod and Vintage Mixer. This new venture comes from Vintage Mixer. It's a Black Bean Burger recipe she posted. I really like black beans, and I've seen stuff like this before, so I decided to try it out. And frankly, it was excellent. The only changes I made was adding a little onion and garlic to the beans. And next time I'll probably omit the cilantro, because I'm pretty sure it's what gave me this awful heartburn. But, otherwise, a definite success. And so simple to make. This one has easily slipped it's way into my recipe box for good!


4 comments:

Candice said...

Those look so good, especially with the avocado on top! Yum!

Maria said...

I will be making these next! They look so good!

Becky at VintageMixer said...

Great idea going bunless and with the chutney on top. I'll try it that way next time. Definitely a keeper recipe...thank you Gourmet Magazine!

Jenifer B. said...

Oh my goodness!! And why wasn't I invited! Looks yummy and healthy!