Friday, May 15, 2009

The bathroom scale: Friend or Foe?

I have a sick addiction to weighing myself. I'm talking nearly every time I walk into my bathroom, I have to step on that scale.

I'm not sure why I do it. Maybe it's partially because I've lost a few pounds, so I check to make sure they are still gone. Or maybe it's because I'm expecting some sudden miracle and the scale will tell me I've lost 2o pounds. As you can imagine, this has yet to happen to me.

Do you think it's bad that I check my weight this often? How do I know when an addiction like this is adversely affecting my life?

1 comment:

Candice said...

Oh man, I am deathly terrified of the scale. I don't have one, and I probably weigh myself like once a year. It's a bad day, haha. :)
But I did find this article that has a lot of good advice.