Friday, September 19, 2008

I think I'm in love!

You know that friend you've had forever. The one that you may not have thought was that attractive but has always been there for you? Did you ever find yourself looking at them one day in a whole new light? Well, that's what's been happening to me. I think I'm falling in love with Salt Lake City. It kind of crept up on me. The more I visit, the more I find things and places that I never knew existed. And I'm loving it! A big turning point in our relationship happened tonight at the Fashion Stroll on Broadway between 200 East and 300 East. Some of you may know of my love (read: obsession) with fashion. And I've always been under the impression that there was no real fashion base in Utah. I believe I was wrong. The Fashion Stroll was put together by Matt Monson who owns the boutique model.citizen, which offers men and women's clothing by local designers. It happens twice a year, Fall and Spring, for local designers and boutiques to come together as part of a street festival that features live music, fashion shows, and lots of great people. It was eye opening. As I walked down Broadway surrounded by designers, antique stores, clothes and some very stylish people, I got that feeling you get when you catch a really cute guy looking at you. Exhilarated and empowered. It was unlike anything I would expect from Salt Lake City. It made Salt Lake City feel like the popular urban areas I've always dreamed of living in. It seems my dream may have just gotten a little closer.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I told you! Lucky Magazine did a whole spread on Salt Lake City stores! I am so happy for you! I am glad you have found the second love of your life! I can't wait to get out there and share the experience with you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite the crush!