Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Five pounds in a week?!?!?

It would take 26 hours running or 20 hours spinning to lose five pounds. So, why did it only take my sister coming to visit for my diet to go so far down the toilet, I don't think it can be rescued. Why does it seem to be so much easier to gain weight than to lose weight? Yahoo!'s got an article on just this subject. It lists things like a pound is a pound, and it takes exercise and diet to lose weight, blah blah blah. I think it's simply easier to eat, drink and be merry than it is to exercise. And I was doing so well. I was losing a pound or two a week. So, I'm officially jumping back on the diet train. Going back to eating at home, eating smaller portions, and working out. I'm giving myself one year to get to my goal weight of 125 lbs. That's 50 pounds. About a pound a week. That's reasonable, I think. My goals for this week are drinking way more water than usual, and walking on the treadmill at least three times. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck; I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

So does this mean if we shouldn't move out???? JK of course we will....we will just have to watch what we eat together! Love you