Friday, February 20, 2009

I've been tagged... How exciting!

My Husband

1-Where did you meet your husband?

I high school. I was going with a friend to hang out with a guy she liked and some of his friends out in Corinne (if you know the area, you know how pathetic this is). I saw Mat and I immediately thought he was very attractive. I don't know if he said more than five words to me that night, but he was hot, so I didn't even care.

2- How long did you date before getting married?
We dated for a year and eight months before we got married. I hold the record in my family for longest courtship. Though part of that is because we were still in high school.

3-How long have we been married?
6 years and 4 months. Phew! It really doesn't feel like it's been that long.

4- What does he do that surprises you?
I don't think I fully understand this question. But, I'll try. It surprises me that for not being very religious, he has wonderful morals and values. He's a good person without really believing there's a carrot at the end of the stick. It surprises me when he knows the words to a song that I never would have guessed he likes. It surprises me when he's willing to see a ballet with me. It surprises me when he's so sensitive to me and my feelings and that he's just willing to listen to me vent and bitch without trying to fix things.

5- What is your favorite feature of his?
I love his eyes. They are dark brown. And I love his shoulders; so broad! And I love his legs; they aren't chicken-y at all. Very nice.

6- What is his best quality?
Besides what I listed in question 5? I guess his ability to make me feel so content. No matter what's going on or how stressed I am, when he wraps his arms around me it's like nothing in the world is wrong. He just makes me feel very safe.

7-Does he have a nickname for you?
Girly, Chickie, Butt...

8- What is his favorite food?
Lasagna. He loves cheese. And steak, when he cooks it at least. He makes a mean steak.

9- What is his favorite sport?
I'm actually the sports fan in the relationship. He likes to play football, a little. But he doesn't watch any at all.

10- When did you first kiss?
We kissed the night we met. Just a little peck. He claims I kissed him, but he totally kissed me.

11- What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We are homebodies. We love cuddling and watching movies. Sunday afternoon naps on the couch are a personal favorite of mine.

12- Do you have any children?
Nope.

13- Does he have any hidden talents?
He's amazingly creative and I don't think many people get to see that side of him. He's great at woodworking, as well. He's built quite a bit of our furniture. He's got a good eye for art, too.

14- How old is he?
26

15- What is his favorite music?
I guess you'd just call is rock. Metallica, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Hinder...

16- What do you admire about him?
He is very caring, and sensitive to me. He is extremely kind and giving. And he almost never raises his voice to me, which I'm pretty sure I make difficult. He's just a very loving person.

17- What's his favorite color?
I honestly don't think he has one. As far as clothes go, he likes more muted colors, black, gray, brown, blue...

18- Will he read this?
Not unless he comes in and looks over my shoulder.

19- Who said "I love you" first?
He did. It didn't take him very long either. It took me a little longer to say back.

20- Who do I tag??? - Nikki Kirby, Ashley Hansen, Chelsea Hansen.... I don't think anyone else reads my blog...

4 comments:

Kristine Bunting said...

Don't we have such great guys in our lives!?

Samantha said...

I read your blog, nerd butt!

Anonymous said...

Guess I haven't been commenting since I got rid of my blog...I didn't know if I could still?

I don't know who started this, but I love it...now I gotta go read my other sisters' blogs!

Nikki said...

I just heard that an Editor in Chief was calling Nanette for a reference for a magazine... That is AWESOME!!!