Sunday, February 8, 2009

OKay, okay, okay...

I don't really have much to say today, but it's been more than a week since my last post, so I feel it necessary to post something. Right now I'm sitting at home watching the SATC movie for the hundredth time. It always makes me want to move to the city. Not that the BC isn't great for some things. For example, it's a wonderfully clean, quiet city to raise a family in. But for a twenty-something couple with no children, it definitely leaves something to be desired. I went to Salt Lake yesterday to see my sister's new dog (adorable little Henry). I always love going to Salt Lake. Granted, as far metropolitan areas go, I understand this hardly makes the cut. But, for little Utah, it's all we've got. SLC, to me, feels like it's on the verge of something amazing. Many people don't know it (even I didn't until recently), but SLC has so much more to offer than you think. We have an emerging fashion industry that is nothing short of immpressive, we have enough farmer's markets and festivals to please any taste, our fine art scene downtown seems to be growing, and the architecure in the city is inspiring. More than just being a part of something established, Salt Lake City makes me feel like you're part of history. Part of the force that is creating a truly wonderful place to be.

No comments: