Friday, February 27, 2009

Life is Good...

I am generally an advocate of appreciating the here and now. Being happy with what you've got and not always looking for the next thing to make you happy. But, even I sometimes get caught up in just worrying about my next move. Today has been a good day, and it made me stop and appreciate where I am in life. First of all, it is a beautiful day today. Cool at 40 degrees, but hardly a cloud in the sky. Second, I had an interview for an internship with Wasatch Woman magazine. I use the word "interview" loosely, as Pam (the editor in chief) said it wasn't really an interview. It went really well and I will be able to intern with them this summer. It's amazing because the magazine industry is exactly where I want to work. And this is a really great magazine that focuses on women in northern Utah. I just applied on a whim. I read the magazine and thought, "Why not?" So I emailed them and sent them some clips and here I am. And she said that since the magazine is growing, they are interested in grooming the interns to become permanent employees. That would, obviously, be an amazing opportunity. So, I guess the lesson for the day is appreciate your life at whatever stage your in and take the chance. You never know what might happen.

No comments: