Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blink and you'll miss it

As Kristine pointed out in one of her posts, the changing of the seasons in Utah can be truly spectacular. My favorite part of driving to Logan the past couple of weeks has been fall colors on the mountain sides. So, needless to say, I was a little let down when I made that drive on Tuesday to find the change was basically over. The only colors were the green pine trees and the brown of the branches and hills. It struck me that while fall is probably my favorite season, it may just be the shortest one in Utah. We are expecting snow on the valley floors this weekend. So, for those of you who may have missed the season change, check out Kristine's post on her blog 'I'll go if I don't have to talk' (she's on my blog list). Otherwise, you'll just have to try to catch the magic next year. Winter, here we come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite too!! But why can't we blink and miss winter...guess maybe I live in the wrong state if I get sick of snow so quickly.