Friday, April 10, 2009

Feeling Adventurous

Do you ever get the sudden desire to be adventurous? I do. Almost like clockwork, February would roll around and I'd have this crazy itch to just get away. It's lingered into April this year, and I'm thinking I need to do something about it.

Of course, I don't exactly have the money to go do anything too crazy. (Darn this recession.) But I'm thinking even a night out would do it for me. Between the end of my semester getting the best of me and the workload at Mat's job picking up, we've been lucky to hit an Ihop and see a movie.

I'm thinking trying a new food would probably hold me over until my life settles down again. I've been wanting to try sushi, Indian food, and Greek food. Maybe I'll try the Indian Oven on Logan's main street. I just hope they serve something Mat will be willing to eat.

What do you think it is that makes me feel the need for adventure? I think it has to do with getting so busy I forget to stop and live my life. I focus so much on just getting by, that I forget to take the time to make life memorable. So while trying a new cuisine may not seem impressive, I think it's enough to step out of my comfort zone. Even if it is just a baby step.

2 comments:

Jenifer B. said...

Here, here!! I am the same way, winter seems to drag and I feel like I haven't done anything for months! We just watched the movie Yes Man and it made me think how I am not impulsive and I don't jump at the chance to try new things. I am quite cozy in my rut. But I like your baby steps idea. Funny you mention Indian food, Tim and I were just looking up local Indian restaurant online yesterday, he loves curry and I only have one dish that I make. But even if I wasn't vegetarian, I don't think I'd have the nerve to try sushi. So, let us know what you try!

Kristine Bunting said...

I think it is the spring for me, the beautiful weather just makes me want to get out there and do something! I am really wanting to try a sushi bar so maybe the next time you come down, you and i could go to one.